Leases & Timeshares

Consumer Bankruptcy

Learn More

When you’re struggling with debt, it’s common to become unable to afford the rent for the apartment in which you’re living.

You think that the best idea is to move out and stay with family until you get back on your feet. But you’re concerned about breaking the lease. Can the landlord come after you?

In New York, you can file for bankruptcy and vacate your apartment without having to pay out the term of the lease. If your rent is in arrears, it can be discharged. If you’re looking to make a fresh start, this is often a very good option.

You can also get rid of timeshares, and their associated maintenance fees, through bankruptcy.

Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys can answer all your questions and represent you in your bankruptcy proceeding. Get back on your feet today. Call us for a consultation.

Fill out the form below or call us at 646-326-9971 for a free in-office consultation.