Sales and Use TaxNew York City and State Tax Controversies

Learn More

If your business is registered as a vendor in New York State, you are required by law to collect and remit New York State sales tax.

It is very important before beginning business to obtain a Certificate of Authority from the New York State Tax Department – and then to keep accurate records of State sales tax collected and paid.

If you are audited by the State Tax Department and the findings are that you’ve paid inadequate sales tax, you can be assessed additional taxes, as well as interest and penalties. If the State deems you to have willfully failed to maintain proper records, you may even be subject to criminal penalties.

If you have sales tax questions, please call us. If you receive notification that a sales tax audit is going to be performed, reach out to us immediately so that we can assist you through the process and make it as painless as possible.

Fill out the form below or call us at 646-326-9971 for a free in-office consultation.

Image Image

Bradley R. Bailyn, Esq. , Founder

Bailyn Law provides comprehensive legal and advisory services to closely held and family businesses seeking to capitalize on opportunities, avoid or mitigate risks and create long-term stability through good management and diligent business decisions. We help owners and directors structure successful transactions to improve profitability and liquidity including purchasing and selling entire companies or certain assets, restructuring the ownership, management and operations of the business, raising capital or entering joint venture agreements. We serve as general counsel for our clients, fulfilling daily needs and building long-term relationships of trust and confidence.

How can we help you?

Discover the advantages we bring you. No-cost initial consultation.

Contact Us

The Bailyn Law Firm, P.C


6301 Mill Lane
Brooklyn, NY 11234


One Rockefeller Plaza, Tenth Floor
New York, NY 10020

We believe in action. We’ll reply within 2 hours.

Call 646-326-9971 or fill the below form and we'll get right back to you.